I can't seem to get anything done... I flit from one room to another, my thoughts are here and then there... I decided to organize my thoughts, sort of....at least put them in writing and maybe they would become more clear, rather than just hazy wisps of passing fancy.
But as I sit here I have so much jumbled up in my mind that I don't know exactly which thought to right down first...
Yesterday we got up and drove our 20 year old son to the airport where he flew back to school in Redding, CA. That probably wouldn't be so dramatic, but it marked a new era in my life....
In the past 6 months, we have gone from 4 offspring in the house to one...
Our 19 year old daughter left in March to go to Europe with Youth With A Mission.
June, our oldest son moved near Atlanta, Ga... that is a long way from Seattle...
September our 19 year old son began school at Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding, CA..
BUT at that same time in September the daughter in Europe returned...
Thanksgiving my mother joined us..
And the house has had lots of activity and hustle and bustle...
BUT
Saturday my brother came and packed up my mom and (now 20 year old) daughter, and then they were gone...
Yesterday our son left. And now this house is big and quiet and feels weird.... I can't quite comprehend it...
I find myself thinking thought like this, "I need to go to the library today. I wonder if Kendra needs to go too. If so I will wait until she is up and about." But Kendra is in Oregon now... For years it wasn't too big of a deal if I locked myself out as oldest son Josh worked from home and I would just somehow need to get his attention to unlock the door (not always as easy as it sounds). But he is in Georgia now and that is no longer an option. Other thoughts: Cooking for 3? (less people to please) Laundry should be much less hassle...
I didn't mention that one comfort is that our oldest daughter lives on her own just a few miles away.
I am in an altered state. My life is changing.. I am sad, happy, excited, sad, a bit fearful, a bit relieved, a bit hopeful, a bit sad. But mostly I am just adjusting...
I am (definitely) Imperfectly Clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment