Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CAMERA

Yesterday after I took Susanna to school, I went to Goodwill and then to Danica's.
Ozzy got into Danica's garbage and found a piece of chicken that he grabbed and hightailed down Danica's stairs to eat. It didn't smell bad, so I just let him. I washed her dishes and took out her garbage and then walked Ozzy to pick Susanna up from school.
There are a million dogs in that part of the city. I swear one barked at us from either inside their houses or yard at each and every house.
We are trying to teach him to walk and pay more attention to us than to the distractions.. not all that easy. He likes to "Jack Rabbit" (looks like a leaping frog to me). Anyway I have this teeny tiny camera that is my new little toy. It is about the size of a credit card and about 3/4 inch thick.
I was also photogaming through Flickr.com. Yesterday's assignment was to photograph something important. I think my washing machine is important. My family, my car, electricity, water, heat, food...Hospitals are important.
I settled on Ozzy's harness and leash... Those are indispensible right now. He would be unmanagable and long gone if we didn't have those.
As I was shooting pictures, I began wishing for a bigger, fancier camera. I have a really nice Canon powershot, but I want an SLR... I follow Pioneer Woman and she has a Nikon D50 or something, so I started looking... and alas... I could pay a month of my son's room and board for the price of one of those... But something started cooking in my brain... Bob has an old Minolta. He has some filters and a telescopic lens... I started thinking that there must be a camera that will accept those lenses... So i discovered that the Sony Alpha 1oo takes the old Minolta lenses. And I found one on eBay... for half the price of my son's room and board. I will have to sell on eBay to pay us back for it, but I am really looking forward to this camera now!

Our house is so quiet!! Yesterday Susanna and I came home and I fell asleep in the rocking chair with the laptop on my lap... Susanna crashed on the couch, Ozzy in his bed next to the couch and Bob came home and laid down on the bed and went to sleep!

Today I have done a little vacuuming, the dishes and a little bit of tidying.

It is nice to have a quiet home...Am posting some of the pictures from my walk yesterday.
I am imperfectly clear.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment