I am in Georgia, in the nice big, but sparsely furnished, house of my oldest son. He had knee surgery last week and has been pretty much homebound for several months because of a knee injury. I tell that story on my Flicker site...
He was lonely and fighting depression. Thankfully he is a computer genius and can work from home for his job. But he really has no family or friends here and it has been extra tough when all you can manage is Doctor appointments and scattered-only-when-absolutely-necessary visits to the grocery store. He bought all he could off Amazon.com... I started praying that God would give him surprises... little things to brighten his day... I don't think he received too many if any, until I flew in and that did brighten him with a familiar face and someone to talk to and get groceries etc...
But I am a social person, and while i often say the wrong thing at the wrong time and get bent out of shape about things and wish i was so much more like my Mom....
I began feeling really stuck.. and the first few days i really fought some self pity. So I began to be thankful for the little things and began praying to see His little surprises every day... I have to admit that i do miss them. But there have been a few that are really really special and one of them is the little spider...
I started an email to my bff and this is part of it:
I miss my Daisy dog... she has taken up with Susanna now... but i miss her sooooo much... did i tell you i may be here 2 months? it will get better when Josh can ride in the car for a few hours and we can get to Charlotte area to be with family and friends... or short excursions into the Blue Ridge Mountains... I fight self pity... when i talk to you or anyone else, i try to not be negative, because things aren't bad here... Josh has a lovely house and thankfully he bought expensive living room furniture which is attractive and comfy... (lazboy recliner couches- he gets the chair!)... but i escape into peoples blogs, or photography advice and some facebook. but not the same as getting out.. yesterday i met a spider face to face... I was out on Josh's sunporch -- trying to figure a clothesline and decided the light was sooo nice i should try a picture or two, so i put out his card table and my handblown clear glass genie bottle i bought here and discovered a speck on the lip of the bottle.... thought it might be a crumb or something... but it was a wee tiny spider... so i got my macro lens and started taking pictures of the spider... but this spider was not like the dang elusive birds around here.. This spider turned around and stared my lens right in the EYE!! It did this several times.. until it jumped at me and i got creeped out... LOL
This last is to put it into perspective.. that is a regular card table... I have been to 2 thrift stores and bought this handblown "genie" bottle for a prop...
WOW what a awesome encounter.....wonderful story and the photos are beautiful
ReplyDeleteWow, those spider eyes are amazing! Love the macro, and the One who sent the spider your way.
ReplyDeleteStunning detail! Gorgeous images! Regarding your present situation, I wish your son a speedy recovery. He's lucky to have such a caring mother. I hope you enjoy more pleasant surprises such as the spider in the glass during your stay there.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find happiness with photos and do what you think , you like
ReplyDeleteWe have been living similar lives:) Thank you so much for the wonderful and caring comment on my blog. I am sorry it took so very long to get back to you. Josh is lucky to have you and I can tell you and him that it does get better. It is slow so sometimes it creeps up on you, but things will fall back into place before he knows it:) Love, Jamie
ReplyDelete