Friday, April 10, 2009

Flipflops in the Rain


2-365, originally uploaded by I am SMaCK.

This aggregate "clover" that I am standing on was one of a few extras that was on the property when my parents purchased this place some 45 years ago... it is actually a Club... like in card games... We never really noticed it much.. although it was just about the only rock on the whole property... My mom tells that every rock on the place was either brought in by family members, or gravel trucks... So unlike
our place in Everett which was glacial... we can't dig in the yard without practically breaking our shovels... and to plow or dig to put in a garden is hard work because of all the rocks and stones... ooooodles of them... Some of the ones here on the old homeplace came from there! Anyway, I took some pictures today and as I was trying to display the Club under my feet, I couldn't help but wonder where the Diamond, Spade, and Heart might be....

No comments:

Post a Comment